Saturday, June 25, 2011

Leaning Book Shelves

I am decorating my daughter's condo in Fairfax VA ultra modern, a new style for me.

Naturally, if I save money on furnishings, the sooner I can tackle the kitchen renovation which means the sooner I can have you over for dinner:) I already know that I want Ikea to do the kitchen.

So the leaning library shelves I wanted on a "nook" off the living room cost over $1000! No way!

I looked online in every catalog I could think of, Overstock.com and ebay. Finally, I saw exactly what I wanted on ebay. The wall is 36" wide and these shelves are 34" wide. They will fill the space nicely.

My wait paid off. I got them for $99 and free shipping and handling. That's a bargain.

What's not a bargain is that they arrived in a box which means someone will have to assemble them when I bring them to Virginia.

I'll pray that my neighbor's brother, who is handy and very nice, will be around.

No comments: